Luca Vanzella is a seasoned information systems professional with more than thirty years experience. He is effective in the areas of evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions to address business needs. He has an exceptionally strong business modeling background and has used CASE tools extensively. As a results oriented leader with excellent communication skills, Luca is comfortable dealing with both executive management and technical/professional staff. Luca has successfully conducted a wide range of projects including strategic planning, data modeling, business process modeling, system analysis and design, application development, and application testing.
- As a senior consultant at Alberta Environment, Luca was instrumental in the development of several mission-critical systems:
- Environmental Management System
- Environment Infrastructure Management System
- Dam Safety Regulator System and Portal
- Business case development for Alberta Energy Regulator.
- Oracle systems development for Alberta Teachers’ Association.
- Strategic planning for Alberta Environmental Protection, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, Environment Canada.
- Data provisioning for TELUS Communications.
- A capital project information management system for Alberta Hospitals and Medical Care.
- Land survey information systems for Alberta Forestry, Lands and Wildlife.
- Software for research in map generalization for the University of Alberta.
- Geographic information system requirements for the Alberta Land-Related Information Systems Network Project and the British Columbia Ministry of Crown Lands.
Luca has a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. in Computing Science, both from the University of Alberta.
Luca is also an amateur astronomer and skyscape photographer.